Wednesday 9 January 2013

Saying No: the Undones

Do you listen to the Paperclipping Roundtable?

I do. It's one of my favorite podcasts.  They've been on Christmas break and I've been relistening to old episodes. And when listening to episode 134, Story Albums,  I got to thinking about a project that's been on my mind.

Every fall, we go to Lester's Farm for their Pumpkinfest. And, of course, we take lots of photos.

Here are some of my favorites from this year...

Lesters_2012_2

Lesters_2012_3

Lesters_2012_1

Lesters_2012-4

And with the photos comes the desire to do something with them - to get those stories down.   I have been thinking about making an album about Lester's and our adventures there. It's been on my mind for a while but I haven't done a thing about it. I haven't looked at supplies or even figured out how to approach it.

Do I really want to start another album?

Honestly. No, I do not. 

So, I'm taking a pass on this project. For now, anyway. And instead, I'm going to keep making pages like this one. This is Ben at Lester's Pumpkinfest 2011 - his first year.

8 Months Old

I like making pages that make me happy and I love bringing stories and pictures together. I don't like the pressure to make a certain number of pages about an event because I'm really not an event-based scrapper. And what do I with that album if we stop going to Pumpkinfest but I haven't made enough pages to fill it? That's too much of the wrong kind of pressure for me.

I've decided that someday, if I have enough layouts to make a separate album or enough desire to make a new album then I will. But not right now.  Sometimes, you just have to say "no" or you end with a whole new edition to The Undone pile.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment