Wednesday 5 December 2012

December Daily Foundation Pages

So. How's your December Daily coming along?

If you're not doing one, I hope you're enjoying all the inspiration from the Simply Linked list on Ali's blog each day.  I grab a coffee and click away.

Anyway, I'm trucking along. I have my foundation pages (which I'll share in a few) and all my journaling is up to date.  I don't have my photos printed yet but that's on my "to do" list for tonight. And I have a "plan". For me, up to date journaling is the key to success because I can go back and fill in whatever I need as long as I know where it goes.  Right now, the "plan" is just gravy but I like gravy.

So, here are my super duper easy foundation pages. I'm using these envelopes from Staples instead of cardstock.

DD_Product Shot

The last couple of years, my albums have been 6x8. I love that size for any mini album But I decided to follow Ali's lead and change things up this year and try a different size. I also liked the idea of envelopes because I can stuff ephemera in there and it won't get lost or damaged - very handy! I'm hoping to fill them with programs from a Gabriel's first Christmas Concert at school and other stuff he brings home during the month.

So, here's what each spread looks like.

DD_whole spread

Super plain, right?  I know. Probably because I made the whole thing the night of November 30. And  I was worried that if it gets too thick it's going to get damaged and fall apart.

Here's a close up of the journaling side.

DD_closeup_Journaling

I masked off an area with 2 Post-It notes and traced the space in pencil.  This is where I've been journaling each day.  When I'm done, I erase the pencil and start embellishing. And because the journaling is exactly the size of 2 Post-It notes, I'll have no trouble masking it off if I have a messy technique I want to add to the page.

Here's the side for the pictures.

DD_Picture Side_Close up

It's very simple layering with some washi tape and a seal from Martha Stewart's line for Staples. I really want to add mixed media techniques and scrapbooking embellishments into this album without too much bulk. The washi tape is covering up some ugly printing on the envelopes and I hope it will reinforce the holes for the rings (once I punch them).

And that's where I started. I know it's not the most exciting piece out there but to me it's full of potential. I can do as much or as little as I want (or have time for).

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment