Thursday 21 June 2012

the Undones: a Washi tape tip

Hey, hey!

It's been another beautiful sunny day here and it's Samy's birthday so this will be short and sweet.

I continued working away on Ben's baby album today and I just wanted to share a quick tip for altering page protectors to fit your album.

As I mentioned, I've been using the Lickety Slipper 8x8 pack of assorted page protectors for my album.  The only challenge is that I'm using a 5.5x7.5 album from We R Memory Keepers so the holes that come pre-punched in the page protectors aren't lining up with the album's rings. In short, the album is starting to look funny.

Or at least it was until I remembered a little tutorial that Julie Fei-Fan Balzer had on her blog a while back about how to customize a page protector for Project Life. In particular, she used washi tape to cover the holes and then re-punched holes to fit her album. Genius and just what I need to make some of the smaller Lickety Slippers work for my little album.

Here's a look...

Ben's Baby Book_1

The blue stripe edging is washi tape from The Freckled Fawn that I used to cover the original holes. I bet you wouldn't have noticed if I didn't tell you, right?

This is a folded page protector. Here's what it looks like when folded out.

Ben's Baby Book_3


Ben's Baby Book_4

So, there's a little tip to help you put your washi tape to work. If you're anything like me you have oodles of it but that's ok because washi tape is definitely a multi-tasker. And you can never have too many of those.

Thanks for stopping by!

zove

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment