Thursday 7 June 2012

The Undones: Removing a Roadblock

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.  John Lennon

I didn't make much progress this week with my Undone pile. (see above quote)

Partly because I'm recovering from a few busy weeks and partly because I've been playing more Wii than usual. What can I say, Gabriel is very persuasive.  He convinced me to play this morning when he said, "Mom, you and I are the best Wii team ever." How could I say no?

Anyway, I mentioned last week that the large scope of Ben's baby book and its "specialness" was a problem for me.  Fortunately, something clicked this morning and I decided to focus on the stories I want to tell and remember about Ben's first few days.  Stories like how he got his name and how Gabriel loved having snacks in my hospital room. Now, I feel inspired again. It's funny how shifting my focus from pictures to story made this book much more exciting to me.

I immediately went downstairs and got my supplies...

Ben's Baby Book_supplies

...and started scrapping on my kitchen counter (that's why there's so much light!).

Ben's Baby Book_supplies 2

I didn't get much done but now I'm happy with my plan. Here's what I have to share today.

Ben's Baby Book_Nana Louise

Ben's Baby Book_Hello Baby

Ben's Baby Book_Best Big Bro

It doesn't feel like a drudgery anymore. What a relief!

As I continue with this book, I'm going to think about the stories that are missing, make some notes and then get the photos.  I'm going to keep using the products I have but I'll probably add to the stash whenever I feel like it. I don't care if it's all matchy-matchy, I'll make it work.

One last thing, digging into my "Undones" has shown me the value of regularly looking at unfinished projects.  The simple act of looking at the projects that are days, weeks, months or even years old has been inspiring and has pushed me to create things I'm really proud of. I hope I'm showing that to you and inspiring you to look at your own pile of Undones with fresh eyes and renewed inspiration.


Thanks for stopping by.

zove

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment