Wednesday 27 June 2012

ICAD2: Day 24

So, I decided to challenge myself for card 24 -no blue. That is a big challenge for me. You know how some people feel about teal? Well, that's how I feel about blue. I use blue all the time, in almost everything I create.  It's my go-to color.

I couldn't help but wonder if I could even make something with absolutely no blue at all. Fortunately, I did. I definitely felt uncomfortable creating without blue but I'm glad I challenged myself. Here's my card

ICAD2_Day25

I stuck a piece of burlap to my card because...well, why not? Then I grabbed one of my favorite stencils, Balzer Designs Fractured Flower and my Claudine Hellmuth Studio Painterly Pink and Jenni Bowlin for Ranger paint dabbers in Seed Packet and Cough Syrup. I really love paint dabbers because they make it so easy to use paint.

Originally, I sprayed some Dylusions ink sprays through the Fractured Flower stencil (that's why you can see the yellow in there) but I didn't get a good impression so I went with the paint. It was much easier to cover the burlap with the paint. I dried the paint with my heat gun and then outlined the flower segments with my Signo white gel pen.

I really love the texture of the burlap and I think this idea would be fun for an art journal page or maybe something for the wall...hmmm... I can definitely see more burlap painting in my future!

Thanks for stopping by!

zove 

Cathie



6 comments:

  1. the use of burlap is extraordinarily cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I had fun making this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The burlap is what drew me to this card. Awesome! Love the colors and the flower too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Stefani. I keep thinking of new projects for burlap although I'll probably use some blue the next time. : )

      Delete
  4. Love this card! I would never have thought to use burlap...but the result of yours is very cool. I am amazed at how well the colors came out on this material!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. I think this is the first of many burlap painted projects for me. : ) Just popped over to your blog & your cards look great.

      Delete