Friday 25 May 2012

Art Journal Everyday

Hey, hey!

Today is pretty big day for me as I'm guest posting at the lovely Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's blog. So, if you haven't seen it, please pop on over and have a look.  You can find my post here.

If you're visiting from Julie's blog. Thanks for coming by.

I have another page to share today. I made the background ages ago when I first started experimenting with modelling paste. It's so much fun.  I colored the background using Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints and some Adirondack Color Wash. 

DSC_0065_edited

One little thing about modelling paste, it can get pretty gloopy and make it hard to close the lid. Make sure you close the jar properly though or it will dry out like mine did. oops!

And here's a close up of the texture.  I hope you can see it.

DSC_0064_edited

To make the tree and house, I cut up some book paper I had lying around from an altered book project.  I doodled around the edges - just because.  I also colored the tree's "leaves" green using Distress Ink. The tree trunks are Amy Tangerine washi tape - love that stuff.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hope you have a wonderful sunny weekend.

zove

Cathie









10 comments:

  1. I just wanted to drop in and thank you for the great tutorial on Julie's blog. Your typewriter is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the kind words. The typewriter has gotten quite a few comments (here and on Julie's blog) so I think I might do a blog post about it.

      Delete
  2. Hi Cathie, I like to say HI and I love your techniques shown at Julie's blog. I've never tried using watercolor crayons but I had a blast smudging soft pastel sticks with wet finger. TFS :) The typewriter is SOOO cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I haven't tried soft pastels - must add that to my "to do" list. My typewriter is pretty popular today - thanks!

      Delete
  3. Just popped over from Julie's blog to congratulate you on your feature - your page is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I really appreciate you coming stopping by and your comment.

      Delete
  4. Well, imagine my surprise to read a post on Julie's blog from a fellow Newfoundlander! Good on you, girl...congratulations on the guest post. I guess the blogging world is not so large, after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I guess it's not. I was so surprised to see your comment. I know I'm not the only Newfie art journaling but it's fun to "bump" into one I haven't met yet online. thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Cathie I just wanted to let you know how much I liked your guest post on Julie's bog. Congratulations to you.

    ReplyDelete