Wednesday 16 May 2012

3 things I learned from my LOAD Challenge plus round up

Well, this is it.  The end of my LOAD or LayOut-A-Day challenge. What a relief.

So here are the last of my layouts...

Using up some leftovers from previous Paperie kit clubs.

DSC_0927_edited

Scrapping some pictures that had to be scrapped.

DSC_0925_edited

Trying a look that's not really my style (I love it anyway).

DSC_0922_edited

Scrapping a picture I totally love of my youngest brother, Jonathan.

DSC_0923_edited

And playing with my newest most favorite stamp set.

DSC_0924_edited

Emboss with white powder on watercolor paper and then watercolor with Stormy Sky Distress Ink and you have the coolest waves ever, people!

DSC_0928_edited


And the final two projects from my design team layouts...


DSC_0881_edited

DSC_0878_edited


So, what did I learn.

1. Be prepared to compromise.  Some days I just had to be content with the fact that a page was done and a story documented.
2. Keep your stuff organized (whatever that means to you).  For me, it's pictures and stories because they matter the most to me.  I love my supplies (especially my patterned paper stash) but I reach for my pics first - every time. I'm faster if I know where to find the pics I want to scrap.
3. Just do it.  Set aside some creative time and then create. Some days the hardest part was making myself sit at my desk but I did and I was always the happier for it.

You can check out past LOAD posts here, here, here and here.

In case you're wondering, the final tally was 34 layouts in 30 days. I created 26 LOAD layouts and 8 for design team projects. 

Thanks for sticking with me through all these crazy long posts and for cheering me on.

zove 

Cathie





























2 comments:

  1. Lovely layouts - I particularly like the first one - You Could Say. I so want to doa layout a day style challenge, or maybe a use my stash to create 30 layouts challenge ... you're inspiring me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colleen. You can totally do it - just make it work for you.

      Delete