Monday 30 April 2012

a Sunday in the Life

note: This week I'm blogging about Week In the Life.  It's one of my favorite memory keeping projects.  If you want to learn more about it you can find out all you need to get started at www.aliedwards.com. Ali Edwards is the creative mind behind the whole thing.


...and then there was Sunday. The day started with snow. *sigh* Oh Spring, please stop messing with me.























Then it was off to The Paperie for Sara's Yearlong Album class.  We meet the last Sunday of every month to create an album that captures the highlights of 2012. Yesterday, we made a page for May and 2 cards. It was great fun.

Here's my page in progress...

After class, we all went to a bowling party.  While Gabriel was bowling...

































Ben was climbing, climbing, climbing the stairs.  Practice makes perfect, you know!


































Then we made a quick run to Costco before heading to a friend's for dinner.






Then back home to rush the kids into bed and finally put my feet up.  We finished the taxes then a little tv before bed.






Now it's on to album construction.  I'm not much of a digi- scrapper so my WITL will be traditional paper scrapping. I'm printing pics as 4x6 and wallets with a few 5x7 for really special pics. Because I'm using a small album (We R Memory Keepers 5.5 x 8.5), I plan to journal right on my photos using my vintage typewriter and American Crafts Slick Writer. I didn't keep much "stuff" this year. I'm ok with that.  I have some plastic page protectors - the Lickety Slippers 8x8 assorted pack - for any bibs and bobs.

So, that's my plan but it's not carved in stone.  I often go with the creative flow especially when what I have in mind isn't working.  I'll post more about my album and process when I  get started.

Well, Week in the Life might be over for another year but real life goes on. Time to get back to it.


Thanks for stopping by

zove

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment