Wednesday 28 March 2012

wednesday's child is full of joy

Today I am celebrating 2 friends who have brought so much joy into my life.

The first is my very dear, dear friend, Louise. We have been besties for ages and ages and we have been through it all.  She lives in Ottawa now and I miss her all. the. time.  Fortunately, she still has family in Mount Pearl so she usually comes home once a year.

Happy Birthday, Louise.  Have a "feg" in New York!

Here we are at her family's cabin on her summer visit in 2010.


DSC_0900_edited

Here are some of the details...

DSC_0902

I made the flower (below) using some twine and patterned paper.  The journaling is cut from a border strip of the Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday collection. It's not often I find my journaling done for me but this one is a perfect reflection of our relationship.

DSC_0901

And the second friend I am celebrating today is my dog, Mac. She turns 14 today which is quite impressive for a Labrador mix.  Mac is more than a pet to me. I got her when she was about 5 weeks old and her name was Tiny.  Now, she's about 83 lbs with a little arthritis but just the sweetest old girl.  She is so wonderful with the boys.  No matter what they do she never loses her cool.  She's awesome.

This is my all time favourite picture of Mac and it's perfect for this old Sassafras paper. 


DSC_0903_edited

I love Louise and Mac and I feel very lucky to have them in my life.

Happy Birthday, lovies!

zove
C

ps: In case you're wondering how Mac and Louise came to share the same birthday, here's the story.  Louise and I were roommates when I got Mac. Mac was from a "free to a good home" litter and we didn't know her real birthday. So, Louise graciously volunteered to share her birthday Mac.

Guess I need to make a page about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment