Wednesday 27 July 2016

Let's Make a Travel Album: An Update

Making an album is messy work. The state of my desk is proof that I'm the kind of scrapper who likes to have everything out. It's no surprise that I'd rather scrap than put things away. Thankfully, I have a scraproom with a door.

July 27_1

My travel album is almost done. Since last week, I added more journaling and embellishing. You can see how much thicker the album is with all the fun stuff added in.

July 27_2

Here's a look at where I am right now.

July 27_3

This is the first of my journaling pages. I'm writing on vellum with a Le Pen by Marvy Uchida. It writes beautifully and I haven't had any problems with bleeding or smearing.

July 27_4

I really wanted to use that piece of map paper because Paris was on it. I didn't want to cover it with vellum so I used some embellishments and letter stickers to substitute for hand written journaling.

July 27_5

I put a piece of vellum over the lower third of the picture for journaling. It worked out really well and saved me any anxiety over making a mistake. I only had the one picture but I have plenty of plain vellum.

July 27_6

I'm also using labels and washi tape for journaling.

July 27_7


July 27_8


July 27_9


July 27_10


July 27_11


July 27_13


July 27_14


July 27_15

I shared how I made these collage pages and what they looked like without journaling last week. I like how you can easily read the writing and still see the elements under the vellum.

July 27_16


July 27_17

I used the diecuts as journaling for these pages of my niece. She was showing me some dance positions on her way to ballet class.

July 27_18

And how could I resist that little bird with a beret? Perfect for an album about a trip to France, right?

July 27_19



You can find out more about the supplies I'm using to make this album in this post or you can leave a note a comments. I'll update you next week on my progress. It's almost done so it's time to start thinking about my next pocket page project.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Cathie














No comments:

Post a Comment