Wednesday 20 July 2016

Let's Make a Travel Album: The Story

This week, I have been working on the story of my trip to France in June. The pictures tell the chronological story of my trip.  You can see where I went and what I did each day just by looking at the pictures. I want to share more than just the basics though so I decided to have for 12 3x4" jouraling cards and 6 4x6" journaling cards.


July 20_1

I didn't have any journaling cards to suit but I did have lots of supplies so I created my own. I started by creating little collages on 3x4" or 4x6" pieces of cardstock.

July 20_2

I used supplies from the kit that I had made when I started this project. Then I added a sheet of vellum cut to size for each card.


July 20_3

Then I slipped the card into the pocket and added a few more embellishments to get something that looks like this...


July 20_4

Here are a few of the other cards that I made.

July 20_5

July 20_6

July 20_8

July 20_9

July 20_10


Now, I have plenty of space to add my journaling.  I don't have the perfect pen for journaling on vellum in my stash so I let the ink dry for a minute before I touch it to prevent smudging. So far, I haven't had any problems.

This week, I'll add my stories and start embellishing. I'll share  an update of my progress next week. I hope you'll come back and have a look.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Cathie








No comments:

Post a Comment