Friday 22 July 2016

Art Journal Joy: Works in Progress

This week has been a busy one. I have been enjoying the lovely summer weather with my kids and that doesn't always leave a lot of time each day to work in my art journal. At the moment, I have some pages that are experiments and works in progress. 

I'm still playing with my watercolor abstract flowers. I have so much fun making them that they are a great way to jump start my creative process. If I don't know what to do, I just start making flowers. My watercolors and paper are always on my desk so it's easy to just start painting.

July 22_4

July 22_3

I've been experimenting with new ways to make the flowers and different ways to hold my brushes. I'm also trying different brushes and different color combinations. Playing and experimenting is a great way to learn.

July 22_2

July 22_1

And sometimes, I just make a mess. This page might become something or I might just throw it in the garbage. It's all a part of the process.

July 22_5

It's important to me to be creative each day.  I don't art journal everyday but it is one of the places where I express my creativity. I can make mistakes or experiment in my art journal. I have learned and continue to learn so much. It doesn't matter if what I make is pretty or even finished. It just matters that I make something.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Cathie

1 comment: