Monday 11 May 2015

Now Where Was I..?

Life has gotten really busy these days. Thanks in large part to a great contract that I'm working on right now. I like having something different in my life. It shakes things up even if that means a shortage of free-time by which I really mean creative time. I haven't made much of anything since The Paperie's Spring Retreat.

That's ok.

It's all going to be ok. (deep breath)

I know that I will get back to making things really soon. I can't stay away for long.

In the meantime, this week I will share some of the things that I made at The Retreat.

First up, this page. The only 12x12 page that I made at The Retreat. I know! I only made one 12x12 page at a scrapbooking retreat. I'll share how that happened on Wednesday.

May 11_1

This page was all about trying a new stencil that has quickly become a favorite. I bought the 12x12 Harlequin stencil by Finnabair at The Retreat and used it with the Art Basics modeling paste.

May 11_2

I let the paste dry and added a thin coat of gesso. Once that was all dry, I used my personal overspraying technique with Color Bloom sprays.

May 11_3

I used my-absolute-favorite-and-must-have-spray or as Prima calls it Tea Stain with Soft Tea, Deep Teal and Precious Stone. I kept spritzing and drying and adding lots of layers until I was very happy. Then I stopped and let it all dry.

May 11_4

While the ink was drying, I layered up some papers from Prima's Bella Rouge A4 paper pad. Then added some thread in gold and black and stuck everything down. Finally, I added some random stamping with my favorite text background stamp by Hero Arts, Friend Definition.

I loved the page just as was. Try as I might I just couldn't add a title or any journaling so it's going on the back. It's not there yet. I find it hard to journal at The Retreat. I like to have time to think about my journaling sometimes - this is one of those times. 

I plan to frame this page. This picture has a lot of meaning for me and I'd like to look at it for a little while longer.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment