Wednesday 22 April 2015

I've Been Thinking About Journaling...

I've been thinking about journaling. Probably because The Paperie's Spring Retreat is in a few days. I've been organizing my supplies, making kits, printing pictures and evaluating projects.

In the process, I found this page.

April 12_1

It's one I made at the last retreat. It has lots of texture, ink splats and lots of dimension.

April 12_3

Yet, I found it in my unfinished pile that I like to call "The Undones".

April 12_2

And I wondered if it was because there was no journaling. I don't remember having a story in mind when I made the page but maybe it needed one to give my picture some context.


April 12_4

I was worried it might "ruin" the page but I did it anyway. I did a rough draft first - I admit it. Then I grabbed my pen and wrote. I figured if I ruined the page, I could just make another a page without journaling.  And do you know what? I love it. I don't think I ruined the page at all. I think it's better for the journaling. I'm glad I did it and I'm going to do more of it. I plan on getting lots of practice this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment