Monday 13 October 2014

Choose Joy: Mixed Media Card

It's Thanksgiving here in Canada which means turkey and family time and reflection for me. I want to share this card today because the sentiment "Today Choose Joy" seemed very appropriate.


Sept 29_1

To make this card...

1. Cover watercolor paper in a thin coat of gesso.

2. Apply Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste through stencil. I used the triangle stencil from Balzer's Designs. Then dry with a heat gun. Usually, I let things air dry but when you dry Embossing Paste with a heat gun it puffs for a lovely, dimensional effect.

3. Spritz with spray ink. I used Prima Color Bloom sprays in Soft Teal and Tea Stain. These sprays are so beautiful and have just the right amount of shimmer for me.

4. Embellish. I used some old Jenni Bowlin vellum feathers and twill tape that I have been hoarding with some jute twine, baker's twine, wood veneer and fabric brad.

Here's a closeup...


This card is my favorite. My plan is to keep it and display it. I'm just not ready to part with it and I love displaying things I have made in my home.

Next week, I'm going to share some pages from travel mini album. I hope you'll come back and check it out. In the meantime, if you have any questions about the products or techniques I used to make this card please leave a note in the comments and I'll get back to you.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment