Wednesday 15 January 2014

My December Daily...in January...Part 3

This week, I've been sharing the pages from my December Daily. You can see my previous posts here and here.


So, without further ado...

Dec Daily 10

The green page with the wood veneer stars and glitter drips was one of my foundation pages. I adhered a foil Santa is on the other side and wasn't paying attention so this is actually upside down from how I designed it. Turns out, that I prefer it this way.

The other side is an envelope I punched using the We R Memory Keepers Envelope board. This thing is amazing. I promise. (keep your eyes open for a post on it in the future) I punched the envelope from a sheet of paper that I believe came from a Studio Calico kit. Then I put all my lists from this Christmas inside.

Don't worry...

Dec Daily 11

I taped it up with lots of washi so there's no peeking. I want the lists in my album but I don't want anyone looking at them just yet. Some secrets need to be secret, right?

The other side features some shots from December 24. The boys were wild and crazy that day - taking apart the couch and playing with the cushions while I was on the phone.

Dec Daily 12

Then some shots featuring some of my favorite Christmas Eve traditions and a bit of journaling. The journaling came much later but I don't mind if my journaling isn't in the moment all the time. I like reflecting on things, too. It's another part of the story.

Dec Daily 13

And then the big day. The boys would have opened everything in 10 minutes, I'm sure. I managed to slow them down to 45 mins so I could grab some pictures.

Dec Daily 15

I'm sorry that I didn't take any pictures of the rest of Christmas Day - the people that visited us, the boys playing with toys, our Christmas dinner in our home in 13 years. That's right, for the 13 years Sam and I have been together, this year was the first time we ever cooked Christmas dinner. And I don't have any pictures - waaaaaaah.

Of course, there's nothing I can do about it. So, I'm trying to let it go and make a note to ask someone to be the photographer the next time I'm cooking or whatever. I did remember to write out our menu and journaled some thoughts about the day on the shipping tag with the gold glitter star.

Dec Daily 16

I finished up the day with a picture of the boys sliding in the backyard with their new sleds. And the backside...

Dec Daily 17

 ...is our tree before going to bed on Christmas night. I think that's a great way to end a December Daily. And something I might do every year.

I also included all the cards we received this year. I love to keep cards. So, I tucked them all into a page protector and included another foundation page on top of all them to make it look nice. The Thickers are from an old Paperie kit - Spring of 2013, I think. I stuck them on top of the page protector because there really wasn't any room inside the page protector. And just behind the cards are the letters the boys received from Santa this year.

 And that's my December Daily. I hope you enjoyed you looking at it. I must confess that I love pocket page scrapbooking for this kind of project and I will definitely use this type of album again.

And speaking of album. Here's a look at my completed album.

Dec Daily 18

Everything fits and you can see that the Christmas cards are adding the most bulk. That's ok with me.

And here's the spine. I'm not one for decorating album covers but I felt that I needed to add a little something to my albums to keep track of which year is which.

Dec Daily 19

I added a little Glitter Pow paper and some Thicker's from The Paperie's December 2013 kit.

And that's it friends! Another year of December Daily done. I like to get my DD finished before Feb so I'm pretty happy that I finished it way early this year. Makes up for the one I have out that is still undone, right? Maybe I'll take some of the leftover time this month and finish that one up. If I do, I'll be sure to post pics here.

As always, if you have any questions about products or techniques used, please leave a note in the comments and I'll get back to you.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment