Tuesday 14 January 2014

My December Daily...in January...Part 2

Yesterday, I shared the first half (or so) of my completed December Daily. You can see those pages here, if you missed them. Today I'm here to share some more pages and it's another long post. So, freshen up your beverage and let's get started.

We're picking up with a shot of the shoes I wore to Sam's office party. I'm out of practice wearing high, high, high (did I mention they were high?) heels. The next day I went and had my hair did - it's a tradition I call "Holiday Hair" and it's one of my favorites.

Dec Daily 1


Then some random Christmas pictures.

Dec Daily 2

The pennant page on the right side is from a pack of Heidi Swapp Color Magic Jumbo Pennants.  I didn't buy a lot of new product for this album but I couldn't resist this pack when I saw it at my LSS, The Paperie.

Dec Daily 3

I glued the 2 largest pennants together and punched holes to make a page. It was easy to make and I like the effect.

The other side is a tribute to the Kinder Egg. Gabriel and Ben just love them and this Christmas we put some in their advent calendar. Every day, the boys would hope for a Kinder Egg and devour them excitedly when they got them. This will probably be a new tradition for us.

Dec Daily 4

I don't get to spend a lot of time at my desk making things during Christmas but I did make tags for Gabriel's teachers. I snapped a quick pic to capture the creative chaos.

The other side is a screen capture of some texting about a present for Gabriel. Technology sure makes Christmas shopping different. And by different, I mean easier.

Dec Daily 5

December 20 was a beautiful sunny day and the last day of school for Gabriel. Ben was pretty excited about Gabriel being home all day, every day for 2 weeks. We had a family party that night and this snoozing pooch, Excalibur, was one of our guests. He didn't snooze the whole time. He wore himself out with his constantly wagging tail.

Here's a closeup of his cuteness.

Dec Daily 5_closeup

I mounted his picture on one of my foundation pages and added a little embellishment.

I didn't have any pictures for the 21st, so I just journaled some thoughts. And to be honest, I wrote the journaling down long after the 21st. So, I suppose they're more reflections than thoughts.

Dec Daily 6

And then some pictures of the boys being cute. Ben is Gabriel's biggest fan these days and can't get enough of him. I wanted to capture that in my album. I made the photos black and white in PSE because taking pictures in my living room at night gives all my photos a yellow cast.

And you can see what I'm talking about on the right side, here. That's not a filter - it's just poor lighting. Usually I work around it but sometimes (like here) I want to keep it...just because.

Dec Daily 7

The left side of the page is about our new Elf on the Shelf. It was our first year as Elfers. Or is it Shelfers? I wasn't going to jump on this trend but when I told Ben that Santa was watching him he said, "Santa can't see me. He's not here!" That's when I asked Santa to send a little back up.

I altered the Peace, Love and Joy card with a few letter stickers because as Christmas got closer the boys got a little stir-crazy. I spent a lot of time coming up with things for them to do to keep them out of trouble hence the cookie making.

Dec Daily 8

And here's the backside of the card. Me and the boys watching some Christmas specials.

Dec Daily 9

And yes, that's the foil wrapping from a chocolate Santa. Ben gave it to me and said, "Here you go, Mommy. You can scrapbook this." So I did.

And that's it for another day. I still have enough pictures left for one more  December Daily post. In the meantime, if you have any questions about products or techniques used in my December Daily, just leave a note in the comments and I'll get back to you.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment