Friday 5 July 2013

Index Card a Day Update: 11 & 12

I haven't been posting my Index Cards lately (or much of anything really). I've fallen a bit behind but I am determined to catch up. I'm loving this project.

Today, I'm going to share a few of my cards. I'll briefly reference supplies and techniques as I go but if you have any questions, just leave them in the comments. I always check and reply to my comments.

On to the cards.

ICAD 11: I coated this card in geso first. Then layered on some Distress Paints and misted them with water. Then I tipped the card around to get them to blend. Really easy but a lovely effect. When it was all dry, I doodled a line around the card and added a stamp from Donna Downey's Empowered Words set.

ICAD11

I'm always amazed how flat the Distress Paints are when they're dry. Any texture you see below comes from the gesso because Distress Paint dry super flat - like ink. It's very neat.

ICAD11_2

ICAD12: This card started with another coat of gesso and then I started playing with the new Hero Arts Daubers. I bought all the Neon colors and they are great! Then I added a quote that I typed on my vintage tyepwriter.

ICAD12

And here's a closeup of those vibrant colors.

ICAD12_2

I have a lot more index cards to share so I hope you will stop back again and check them out. And if you're looking for more ICADs then visit the Flickr gallery. It's amazing and full of inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend!

Cathie



No comments:

Post a Comment