Wednesday 16 January 2013

The Undones: Fall Retreat Pages

Oh, yes. I have pages from The Paperie's Fall Retreat in November that aren't quite done. You see, I scrap in stages and one of the last stages for me is journaling. I find it really hard to journal when I'm distracted with lots of friends and conversation and laughter so I save it until I get home. And by "save" I mean "put in a container and forget about it". Well, that container is now full of Undone layouts so it's time to dig some out, finish them off and share them with you.

This first layout was all done except for the jouranling.

Right Now

And here's a closeup. I love those washi layers - I must try that again!

Right Now_closeup

This one needed some journaling on the tag behind the photo, some SC wood veneer stars and the twine across the bottom. It really didn't take very long to finish I just had to take the time.

Nathaniel_Gooseberry Beach

Here's a closeup of the background I made using the Luminarte Silks, the Balzer Designs 6x6 Circle Explosion stencil and the Studio Calico Mister Huey Clay.

Nathaniel_Gooseberry_closeup

And here's another one that needed some journaling.

Halloween 2011

And the last one for today. This layout needed some journaling and I added some wood veneer stars too. Just because.

Gooseberry Beach

Now, I could just keep filling up containers until I have so many Undone layouts I could never hope to finish them but I have a one container rule. That means I can have one container for my Undone layouts and another one (and only one) for layouts that need to be put in a scrapbook. And I'm pretty strict about it because I don't have a lot of space. I'd rather use that space for storing supplies than layouts and undone projects.

It took me about 30 mins to finish off these layouts.  I think that's a pretty good use of my time, don't you? Now it's your turn.  Go dig out some of your Undones and take a few minutes to finish them off. I think you'll be surprised by how little time you need to finish some them off.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment