Monday 3 December 2012

What to do with last year's Christmas supplies?

This is my 4th year participating in Ali Edwards' December Daily project.  It's one of my favorite projects and if you haven't tried it yet you really should. It's wonderful. You can read all about it on Ali's blog, here.

Although there were many December Daily kits available this year, I resisted the overwhelming urge to buy one. The size and cost of the kits was a little intimidating and I know that when I finish my December Daily I won't want to use those supplies again.  I don't usually make extra layouts because when my December Daily is done, I'm ready to move on.

So, what do I intend to do with the supplies I've been hoarding?

Why make Christmas crafts, of course!

My goal this week is to make my Christmas cards and tags. I have never been so late before but I'm determined to get them made and in the mail on time.

So, I went a-digging through my stash and here's what I have to work with...

Cmas Kit_1

That's about 30 sheets of patterned paper...

Cmas Kit_Paper

2 punches, 6 acrylic stamp sets, 2 wooden stamps and 3 sets of chipboard.

Cmas Kit_Stamps

I'm not determined to use everything but I want to have some options.  Usually I make one card and buy the supplies I need. By using what I have on hand, I'm going to be flexible and expect that there will be variations. The goal is 60 cards.

Next Monday, I'll share the cards I made and introduce next week's crafty project.

Wish me luck!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment