Friday 14 December 2012

Mini Twine Wreath Tutorial

I mentioned yesterday that I would share a tutorial for the mini twine wreath I used on the cover of my December Daily.

Cover_DD_2012

They're really quick and easy to make. If you're not careful, you'll be swimming in little wreaths in no time!

All you need is twine, green spray mist, shimmer spray mist and a strong liquid adhesive. I used Ranger's Adirondack Color Wash in Meadow for color and Studio Calico Shine for a little hint of shimmer. I also used Ranger's Glossy Accents to hold it all together. It super strong and dries clear!

Twine Wreath_1

Let's get started. I wrapped the twine 4 times around my fingers.

Twine Wreath_2

Then I took the end of the twine... 

Twine Wreath_3

 ...and wrapped it around all the strands of twine. This is important because this is how the wreath is going to keep its shape.

Twine Wreath_4

Finally, I tied a knot and trimmed the ends.

Twine Wreath_5

Here's what it looks like.

Twine Wreath_6

Now it's time for some color! You can use whatever color you want but I wanted mine to look like evergreen boughs so I went with green.  I gave it 5-6 spritzes of Meadow mist and then a couple of spritzes of SC Shine.

Twine Wreath_7

Then I set it aside to dry.

Twine Wreath_8

And while waiting, I tied a twine bow.

Twine Wreath_9

When the wreath was dry, I attached the bow with Glossy Accents. (You can dry your wreath with a heat gun to speed up the process. It's smelly but works just fine.)

Twine Wreath_10

Yes, it really is that easy.  They look great on cards and you can put them on almost anything - tag, present, tree...

I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial and feel inspired to make some mini twine wreaths of your own.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment