Saturday 25 August 2012

Adventures in Collage

I am definitely a mixed media person. I love experimenting and I'm just too curious to focus on one media. But a few weeks ago, I signed up for Claudine Hellmuth's Composition for Collage class at Big Picture Classes (BPC). I love Claudine's work and I'm a big fan of learning new things. Especially things that might help my scrapping and art journaling.

So, I wanted to share a page I made that is inspired by an image Claudine has showed in her classes.  It's a black and white image of a large tree and a small house on a horizon line. Here's my take on it.

AJED_Collage Main

The green paper is from Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook collection and the chipboard tree is from Maya Road.  I used blue watercolor to color the sky.  I used multi-medium to adhere my paper and you can see that I was messy because the multi-medium acted as a resist for the blue watercolor. Fortunately, I love that effect.

Here's a closeup...

AJED_Collage

The words are from the Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers.   I added some green watercolor to the paper for added interest and stamped randomly over the whole thing with a script stamp. It's a simple collage but I'm very happy with it.  It's a good starting point for my adventures in collage.

And, in case you're wondering, Each week, we are introduced to a new composition structure. All the information is clear and well presented with lots of examples. My favorite part is the weekly "From Cluttered to Clean" tutorial. Claudine shows us how to clean up a cluttered collage related to each week's compositional structure. And, as with all BPC classes, I have lifetime access to all the class information. The class has been great and I've learned a lot. I would recommend it to anyone - beginner or advanced.

Thanks for stopping by!

zove

Cathie

2 comments:

  1. I love your horizon line piece!! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, claudine! thank you for stopping by and for your comment on my collage. it really means a lot coming from you.

    ReplyDelete