Tuesday 10 July 2012

ICAD2: still sharing

Hey, hey!

Just a quick post today about another couple of cards I made Saturday when I was art journaling with my friend, Tina.  I brought my art journal but only ended up working on my index cards.  They are super portable and turned out to be a great way to try all of Tina's fun supplies.

Day 31

ICAD2_Day 31

The background is a funny combination of Dylusions ink sprays and Claudine Hellmuth Studio paint in Classic Teal. The chevron stamp is from Stampin' Up and I colored it with a black gelato by Faber Castell. Then I misted it with water and stamped.

The house stamp is from a Claudine Hellmuth set called Neighborhood. I have a thing for houses and this set is delightful.  The sentiment is from another Dyan Reaveley set. Then I doodled a white border using my Signo White Gel Pen.

Day 29

ICAD2_Day 29

This card has yet another background using the Dylusions ink sprays.  They are fabulous and index cards are a great way to use up all that overspray.  I sprayed some Studio Calico Mister Huey Calico White through Dyan Reaveley's Letter Jumble stencil and stamped the text using the Hero Arts Friend Definition background stamp.  You can also see some more of the old old old AC rub-ons in there (the small circles) and a doodled border in black pen. I made up the note using the Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers.  I doodled a little border on each sticker to help the words stand out.  I like how that little detail works.

So that's it for today. I hope you're having a wonderful summer and are able to take a little time for some creative play.

Thanks for stopping by!

zove

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment