Thursday 14 June 2012

the Undones: a little something


note: on Thursdays I blog about projects that aren't quite done.  Maybe they need some journaling, or photos or both.  I call them "the Undones" and I have a box full of good intentions. In this series, I pick a project, finish it and share the results. I'd love it if you would play along and share a link to your newly finished project in the comments.

I have been struggling to get anything done with Ben's baby book this week.  I have excuses (the weather was great, the kids have been a handful, other commitments, lack of mojo) all of which are true. Tonight, after supper, I started writing the oops-I-didn't-get-it-done post in my head. I was going to write a cute, pithy excuse post. I really was.

Instead, I decided to just get something done. Just get one small thing finished.

I sat at my desk, tidied it up, fiddled with some pages and decided to tell the story of how Ben got his name. So that even if I did nothing else with this book ever again, that story would be where it belongs.

Here's what I made. Sorry about the poor lighting it was getting late when I took the pictures.

Story of Ben's Name_1

Story of Ben's Name_2

I made this 4x6 page from some old October Afternoon grid paper from the Boarding Pass collection, a Jillibean Soup scrap and some corrugated blue alphabets.  Then I distressed the edges using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I used the fabulous fine point erasable Frixon pen by Pilot for my journaling. I love being able to erase any mistakes in my journaling. Who doesn't, right?

This one is all about the story and one that I'm glad it is written down.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, making the decision to do something (anything!) is half the battle.

Thanks for stopping by. 

zove

Cathie






No comments:

Post a Comment