Monday 18 June 2012

A bad picture of a favorite layout...

As you  may have noticed, I'm no professional photographer. It doesn't usually bother me.  All I want from my pictures is for people to look like themselves and to capture special moments. 

For my blog though, I try to take "good" pictures of my layouts. I'm learning a lot but sometimes I just can't make it "turn out right".  Take this layout, for example...

Kent'd Pond with Ben

I love it.  It is one of my favorites layouts, in real life.  I made it with Echo Park's A Boy's Life collection, some Amy Tangerine washi tape and some odds and ends.

This picture does not do it justice. I have taken pictures of it on 3 separate occasions and it just never looks right. Just look at my eyes! They are like black holes but in real life this picture looks good. Here's a closeup of the details.

Me and Ben_closeup_Kent's Pond

For the journaling that mats the photo, I wrote "love you" over and aver again around the photo. I love doing that. It's another way to get my handwriting on my pages.

So, thank you for putting up with the bad pictures for today. If you have any recommendations about websites or books that can help an amateur photographer, please leave your suggestions in the comments.

Thanks for stopping by.

zove

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment