Thursday 10 May 2012

Ben's Birthday Book - done!


Hey, hey!

So, I have finally finished the Amy Tangerine Daybook I started for Ben's 1st birthday. I used Ali Edwards' concept of Day in the Life to capture what his first birthday was like.  It wasn't wild or crazy - he's only one. You can see the first half of this project here.

When I last blogged about this book, I still had to finish the cover and a couple of pages.  Here's what the rest of the project looks like - including the things that were undone.

DSC_0381

DSC_0382

DSC_0383

DSC_0384

DSC_0385

DSC_0386

DSC_0387

DSC_0883_edited_back cover_bday book

DSC_0882_edited_bday book cover


I recovered the book because it was originally a flower pattern.  A little Amy Tangerine paper, some matte multi-medium, washi tape and rounded corners made for an easy cover revamp. The letters are My Little Yellow Bicycle and are from one of The Paperie's previous kit clubs.

This has turned out so wonderfully that I'm going to do one for Gabriel for his 5th birthday. That's a pretty big milestone, too. And wouldn't it be fun to do one for Gabriel's first day of school...

One last thing, my favorite and most wonderful LSS, The Paperie, is celebrating its 8th birthday on Saturday.  It's going to be so much fun with friends, a make-n-take and yummy treats baked by local scrapper extraordinaire, Krista Wells.  She owns, Taffety, a local baking business with a to-die-for list of treats.  Personally, I'm hoping for some Cranberry Bliss bars or some Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies. If I eat them on Mother's Day, they won't have any calories, right? Right. Hope to see you there.

Happy Thursday!

zove

Cathie

note: on Thursdays I blog about projects that aren't quite done.  Maybe they needed some journaling, or photos or both.  I call them "the Undones" and I have a box full of good intentions. In this series, I pick a project, finish it and share the results. I'd love it if you would play along and share a link to your newly finished project in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment