Saturday 28 April 2012

a Friday in the Life

note: This week I'm blogging about Week In the Life.  It's one of my favorite memory keeping projects.  If you want to learn more about it you can find out all you need to get started at www.aliedwards.com. Ali Edwards is the creative mind behind the whole thing.


Today is going to be a busy day so I'm going to jump right into Friday's pics.

My morning coffee has never looked so glorious.
























Sam reading a quick story to the boys before he heads to the office for the day.  Sometimes the kids really don't want him to go to work.  I imagine that's pretty typical of most families. Lucky for us, his office is pretty flexible.























It was sunny and warm - a beautiful spring day!


We had some fresh bread courtesy of Sam and the breadmaker.


My daily pic of Mac.























Gabriel went to preschool for the afternoon and Ben and I went outside to enjoy the weather.

































We played in the backyard and out front.  Here are Ben's treasures.























When Gabriel came home from school, we went out again but it was so cold. We had to come back in and get hats and mittens. Then it was time for BBQ supper and then bed for the boys.
























With only 2 days left of this year's Week In the Life, it's time to assess and see what's missing.  I don't have any pics of the bedtime routine and general "stuff" pictures. Ali suggested thinking about what you wish you had pictures of from your childhood and I think that's a great idea.

I'm also going to give Gabriel the camera again today and tomorrow and see what he comes up with. I'll even give it to Sam. He loves to take pics of the kids.  This project is 98% my perspective but any story is richer when the voices of other characters are heard.  I highly recommend sharing the camera among your family this weekend.  If you have older kids with smartphones - maybe you could steal a few of their pics for your WITL. Even one or two pictures might show you a story you would have otherwise missed.

Thanks for stopping by!

zove 

Cathie




No comments:

Post a Comment