Wednesday 14 September 2016

Keeping Track of Life: April Pocket Pages

Lately, I have been sharing the pages that are a part of my yearlong album, Keeping Track of Life or KTOL. It's an album that I am making in a class that I take at my local store - The Paperie. The class is taught by my friend, Krista. In this class, we get together each month and make a layout and a set of pocket pages for a month's worth of photos. I've fallen behind (I usually do in this class) and I'm playing catch-up. 


Today, I am sharing the April layout and pocket pages for my Keeping Track of Life or KTOL album. Let's start with the layout I made in class.

Sept 14_1

This lovely layout was designed by for the class by the instructor (my friend), Krista Wells. I added the title and the wood veneer tile but that's pretty the only thing I added. Well, the photos are mine too. I have no problem putting my 2 boys on pink pages and I'm not worried about whether they mind. Pink is just another color in my world.

This month, I used 2 8.5x11" pocket page protectors for the smaller stories. The first page is mainly photos of my kids and our puppy, BG. I love these cute photos and my KTOL album is the perfect place for them.

Sept 14_2

I made the journaling card using some scraps leftover from class. This is something I like to do to tie the pocket pages into layout we make in class.

Sept 14_3

Here's a closeup.

Sept 14_4

The next page has lots of room for journaling. I took the boys to a local play place over the Easter break with some friends and I wanted to have room to tell the stories from that adventure. I added lines to my journaling cards using a FriXion pen. When I'm finished, I will use my heat gun to the erase the lines. The FriXion ink disappears when it's heated with a heat gun.

Sept 14_5

Here's a closeup of the simple cards that I made for this page.

Sept 14_6


Sept 14_7

I like to add extra embellishments to my pocket pages. It's a great way to use up all the lovely supplies in my stash.

And here's the last page.
Sept 14_8

Simple-ish is the way to go when you have to get something done quickly. I might go back and a few ink splatters. I don't think you can have too much color or too many ink splatters. All I have to do is finish the journaling and that should take too long.

If you're curious to see what I've been working on the last couple of weeks, you can check out the finished pages below.

January: Layout and Pocket Pages
February: Layout and Pocket Pages
May: Layout and Pocket Pages

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie



No comments:

Post a Comment