Friday 2 September 2016

Art Journal Joy: 27 Days of Flowers - Week 4

I have successfully completed my 27 day challenge and I learned so much.

1. I can learn to paint flowers or florals that make me happy.  I am really happy with what I have been painting recently - especially the last week. Some of these pieces are my favorites from the whole month.

2. I can do something everyday.  Honestly, I was a bit worried about this one. I don't usually stick with daily challenges but I did it this time. It feels good to complete a daily challenge. I have my 30 day challenge lined up for September - more on that below.

3. Watercolors are awesome.   I have never done much with my watercolors in the past. I don't know why but I have always favored acrylics. Now I can say that I love my watercolors. I have a birthday coming up and looking forward to getting some new brushes. I'm the kind of person that only buys what I love so you know it's serious if I want new brushes.

4. Sharing online is ok. I was going to say that sharing online isn't scary but that's not true for me yet. However, I did get used to the idea of sharing my less than great pieces online. Everyone has been really wonderful and supportive. Thanks to all of you who looked and/or liked and/or commented on Instagram. It means a lot.

5. I have a lot to learn.  This is actually really exciting for me because I love to learn new things. The fact that there is so much for me to learn about watercolor makes me feel inspired and excited and those are always great feelings.

So, here is a look at last week's pages. If you're interested in seeing all my flowers, you can find links to the others below.

Sept 2_1

Sept 2_2

This is one of my favourite pages made during this challenge.

Sept 2_3

Sept 2_4

I love the shape of this one. I was trying for a circle wreath but it went wonky. It's a happy accident.

Sept 2_5

Sept 2_6

This is another one of my favourites. I love monochromatic color schemes. I learned a lot about blending colors this month too. Although not every lesson was as pretty as this one.

Sept 2_7

Sept 2_8

I love the bright colors on this page. The Prima Watercolor Confection Palettes have the prettiest colors. I have and love the Classics, Tropicals and Decadent Pies.

Sept 2_9

Sept 2_10

Sept 2_11

Sept 2_12

Here are the links to the posts I wrote about this challenge: Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3.

For the month of September, I have decided to complete a mini art journal page each day. I'll post pics and the details next week but if you're curious you can follow me on Instagram. I'll be sharing all the pics there. I will share them here too, of course, starting next Friday. You can find me on Instagram @cathiereed.

Until then, thank you so much for all your support and encouragement. It is very exciting to have people who want to share my creative life.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment