Wednesday 13 July 2016

Let's Make a Travel Album: Putting it All in Pockets

Here are all 45ish pages of my travel album. All the pictures are edited, printed, cut and in pockets.

July 13_1

July 13_2

July 13_3

July 13_4

I wanted to create some interactive pages in this album. I have multiple pictures of some of the amazing places we saw - like Chablis and Chateau Fontainebleau. So,  I took out my Fuse tool by We R Memory Keepers and started creating an interesting way to showcase these photos.

July 13_7

Honestly, I was intimidated by my Fuse tool at first. It sat in the box for the longest time - untouched. I started using it in my December 2015 album and now I'm hooked. I don't use my Fuse everyday but I think it's pretty great and I'm glad I bought it. I also have the Heat Resistant Silicon Mat. I think this is great, too. You don't need it but I find it makes using the Fuse so easy.

Here are some of the interactive pages I have in my album.

This is a flip-up in the Chateau Fontainbleau section.

July 13_5

July 13_6

I created a fold-out which holds 8 3x4 photos I took in Chablis.

July 13_9

I have so many photos of Chateau Fontainbleau that I had to create a second interactive page. This is a double fold-out.

July 13_12

It flips out on the right...

July 13_11

and the left.

July 13_10

And there you have it. Next step is the embellishing and the journaling. It's my favorite part and I'm looking forward to it. I shared all the supplies I'm planning to use last week, if you're curious. This week, I'll be working with those supplies to take this album from photobook to scrapbook. Next week, I'll share an update of my progress.

As always, please leave a note in the comments if you have any questions or just to let me know you stopped by.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie






No comments:

Post a Comment