Friday 3 June 2016

Traveling with Art Supplies

Next week, I am heading to France to visit my fabulous sister and her family and I am going alone. It's strange to leave the kids and husband and puppy behind because I haven't done that in a long time.

That leaves me with some free time to make art. So, I'm thinking about bringing some supplies to use on the go. Some things I will take on the plane and others I'll pack in my bag for when I get to France.

Here's what I'm planning to bring with me.

1. Prima Watercolor Palettes. I have 2 of the 3 palettes: The Classics and the Tropicals. I have plans to obtain the third, Decadent Pies, very soon.

These are obvious choice because of their size and my current obsession with all things watercolor.

2. Watercolor Paper. I use the Canson 12x18" watercolor paper pads for almost everything I make. Scrapbook layouts, cards, diecuts - almost everything starts with this paper. I cut the sheets down to whatever size I need and go from there.

For my trip, I am making some small watercolor journals that I can easily take with me. I'm also taking some scraps that I have cut down to bookmark size.

3. Refillable Brushes. I hope these brushes will make the process less messy while on the go. I have 3 that I can take with me. I haven't used them much so it will be a good time to get familiar with them. The only draw back is that they will need to be refilled.

4.  Prima Oil Pastels. These pastels are water soluble so I can do a lot with them. I'm going to leave them in my checked luggage. I don't think I want to lug them around while in transit.  I think my niece (a budding artist) would enjoy playing with them too.

5. China Marker. I quite like playing with china markers. There's something about the black and white that I like. I also like that I can peel off the paper and play - no need for a pencil sharpener.

And that's pretty much it. I want to travel with some supplies but not too much because I'm only away for a short time. I have no expectations about what I "should do" or  "should make" it is a vacation, after all.  I'm going to take a break, gather as much inspiration as I can and make some art along the way. I'll share thoughts about how these grand plans worked out when I get back.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie 

No comments:

Post a Comment