Tuesday 17 May 2016

Week In the Life 2016: Friday, Saturday and Sunday Photos and Words

Last week, I participated in Ali Edwards' Week in the Life Project. I have been participating for years and I still love this project. If you're curious about this project you should head over to Ali's site for all the details. 

Today I'm sharing some more of the Week in the Life photos and words. I took 368 last week. wow.

When I look at these photos I see a lot of little details.

I see that Gabe and Ben love to wear PJs all.the.time. Ben puts his on as soon as he comes home. The navy blue pair he's wearing below are his favorite. If they're not in the wash then he's wearing them.

I see the technology we are currently using - our tv, our tablets, our phones. This changes so much from year to year.

I see how our puppy, BG, has become a part of our everyday. It's like he's always been with us.

I see some things I'd rather not - like clutter - but when I look closer I see the little bits and pieces of our lives.

I see that the boys are getting bigger. Last fall, Gabriel was losing his front teeth. Those teeth are grown in now.

I see that we are happy.

It's a big job to sift through 368 photos but I can hardly wait to get started. 


Here is a look at some of the photos I will be putting in my 2016 Week In the Life album.

Friday

On Friday, I took 41 photos. That's the least I took on any day of the week. Still lots to document though. The day started with snow...really. So, I opted out of the usual morning walk with BG. The boys had a day off school we stayed in our PJs and pretended the snow wasn't happening. We did some chores and tidied the downstairs. Later in the day, I blogged and painted some more watercolor flowers.  After the kids were in bed and asleep, Sam and I watched a movie.

I usually have a lot of trouble getting Sam into my albums. By the time he gets home in the evening, it's time for the supper rush and bedtime routine. I just never think to take out my camera when we're brushing teeth and tucking in. To make it more challenging, the light is terrible in our house at night and it's so hard to get a decent pic. Week in the Life encourages us to take these pictures anyway and forget about the light or the mess. It's about the story of our week. So, I went with it. I might not love the quality of all of these pics but there's no way I'm leaving them out.


May 17_2

May 17_7

May 17_4

May 17_5

May 17_6

May 17_3

May 17_8

Saturday 

On Saturday, I took 55 photos. No school and no work means we're together a lot on the weekends and I like capturing the interactions between us so I took more photos. Also, the weather was nice. I had lots of good light and happy people to photograph.

Saturday started with coffee, of course. The boys and I are all early risers so we usually hang out on the couch with tablets before starting the breakfast and head out the door routine. This week, Gabe had track and Ben had swimming. After that, we had a pretty quiet weekend.


May 17_9

May 17_10

May 17_11

May 17_12

May 17_13

May 17_14

May 17_17


Sunday

On Sunday, I took 110 photos. It was warm and sunny and it turned me into a shutterbug. We didn't have any activities so we just finished up homework and spent time outside in the sunshine. It was great to relax and recharge before another busy week.


May 17_18

May 17_19

May 17_21

May 17_22

May 17_24

May 17_25

May 17_26

May 17_27


Well, I guess it's time to edit and print pictures. Wish me luck!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment