Tuesday 28 July 2015

Mini in a Month: July edition

A few weeks ago, I share my wild enthusiasm for Stephanie Bryan's mini a month project. Today, I'm sharing some pics of my progress and some thoughts on the process.  You can see the first set of pages in this album in this blog post.

So, picking up where I left off, here is the finished polka dot duck feeding page. I added some Thickers from my stash, an Amy Tangerine diecut and some ink splatters.


Some more Amy Tangerine diecuts and some ephemera from a trip to a local mini-golf course.


I added photos of the boys playing golf on the inside and punched holes through the whole thing.


The next page is made of two 3x4 photos adhered back to back. The first picture is of some pocket treasures.


The back side is a picture of my work-desk.


This will be a journaling page. Journaling is definitely something I want and need to add to this album. I may journal on a tag and attach it or type up some journaling and stick that down.


 To make the page, I simply layered vellum over a sheet of watercolor paper. I didn't adhere the vellum to the paper because I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not. It's good to have options, right?


I love this pic of Ben eating cookie batter. I'm going to add journaling and leave it pretty simple.


Here's the other side. Sadly, this pic doesn't require much journaling because our July has been pretty sad weather-wise. It's been so cold and rainy that we've all been calling it Julember. *sigh*


I added some polka dot vellum for a bit of variety and a 2x2 divided page protector.


We live in the woods and we see lots of local wildlife this time of the year. We had a visit from a baby bunny one day in July. It was pretty exciting because Ben is crazy about rabbits. He loves them and it made his day to see this little guy.


Here's the b-side. I have to figure out how to use my Fuse Tool so I can seal in those wood veneers. The wood veneers are left over from a package of Cosmo Cricket wood veneers.


And here's what the whole thing looks like.


So far, I'm happy with how this album is coming together. I spend time editing photos each week and then I put it together on the weekend.  My mini-book process is to add all the photos and then go back and add the journaling and embellishing.

I do like the size of the 4x4 album. The small pages are just big enough for some embellishing but not so big that I spend a lot of time fiddling with design. I confess, I sometimes like to move things around and around to see what's going to look "best". I can't really do that with this album size because there are that many places I can put things.

Even though July has been a crazy month, it has been easier than I thought to get my pictures in the album.  But it won't be finished until I have all the pics taken, printed and put in there. That's ok. That's part of my process.

I still have one last post with this album. I'll finish up July and share the pics next week.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment