Tuesday 2 June 2015

Week in the LIfe 2014: Sunday

 This week, I'm sharing my 2014 Week in the Life album. If you'd like to see how the rest of the week turned out, here are my Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday pages.

And finally, there was Sunday. By this point of Week in the Life, everyone is ready to be finished with this project and I mean everyone. They are tired of the camera and I'm tired of picking it up. It can feel like there's nothing new to capture and stories are all told. Of course, that's not true so I turned my camera on my house and snapped some shots of how things look around here.

I didn't worry about how many photos I had. I just took pics of the things that spoke to me and it worked out just fine.

WITL 2014_Sat 8

WITL 2014_Sun 2

WITL 2014_Sun 3

WITL 2014_Sun 4

WITL 2014_Sun 5

WITL 2014_Sun 6

WITL 2014_Sun 7

There are challenges with using a 4x4 album for Week in the Life. The first is journaling. There just isn't a lot of room to add journaling to a spread. And the second challenge is fitting in ephemera. With a kid in grade 2, I have a lot of 8.5x11" school stuff that I just couldn't fit into this album.

I don't regret using the 4x4" album for Week in the Life. I love the compact size. To hold the finished album in your hand is great. It's also fun to give yourself the creative challenge of changing things up. Knowing that I couldn't fit everything into this album gave me the freedom to let some things go - like ephemera or tonnes of journaling - and I'm ok with that.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for Week in the Life 2015. I'm not even thinking about it, to be honest. I'm just happy to have WITL 2014 finished.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment