Wednesday 26 November 2014

Build a Bunch of Backgrounds

Good morning, Friends!

I want to talk a little today about a class I'm teaching at The Paperie on Saturday, December 13 called Build a Bunch of Backgrounds.  Like almost every art journaler, I rarely throw out a good background. You might need one to make a page like this...

Nov 26_1

This background is a leftover I made for my mixed media watercolor class in September. I loved it and knew I would use it someday. Having extra mixed media backgrounds in your stash is a good thing. Why?

1. No fuss. Having this background on hand, made it quick and easy to make a lovely mixed media scrapbook page in no time.

Nov 26_2

2.  No muss. Ok, the making part was a bit messy but by the time I used this page, weeks and weeks later, everything was bone dry and mess free.

Nov 26_3

3. Using your art. I love making art and then using it and sharing it. Anything that makes that process easier is win-win in my books.

 Nov 26_4


Please note, we won't be making this exact page in class but stay tuned because I have lots of sneak peeks planned. I hope you'll join me at The Paperie in a few weeks to build a bunch of your own backgrounds. For more information, please contact The Paperie.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment