Wednesday 10 July 2013

The Paperie July kit Reveal: Apple of My Eye

This page is all about two cute photos of Ben because sometimes you just have to scrap cute photos of your kid because they're cute.

Apple of my Eye

Ben is in an "all-about-momma" phase right now. If he wakes up and I'm not here he cries and wails, "I'll never see momma again." And while that part kind of stinks there are lots things that are pretty wonderful. Like when he runs to me and wraps his little arms around my legs and says, "I wuv you, Momma". Or when he says, "Momma, sit with me". Yeah, that's pretty sweet. Makes me think I should be probably change the title of this page to "Momma, you're the apple of my eye".  I'll have to think about that...

Anyway, I've been using a lot of new products lately and one of my favorites are the Gelatos by Faber Castell. I wrote a whole post about Gelatos for The Paperie gushing about them a little while back. You can read it here if you're curious. Long story short, they're wonderful.

Apple of My Eye_closeup 2

I first coated the entire background paper in clear gesso. I like how Gelatos move on blend on gesso. I chose clear gesso because I didn't want to alter the color of the background paper. Then I mimicked the circle motif if the patterned paper and drew 2 large circles using the Gelatos and blended with a wet brush. Then I stamped all over the page using an old Hero Arts text background cling stamp and black Archival Ink.

Apple of my Eye_closeup

Then some more circles in form of patterned paper and some flair, stickers and washi tape.

I love the big Gelato circles. They make such a big statement and bring your eye right to the pictures which is the whole point of this page. If you haven't tried Gelatos yet, you should. They are fun and colorful.

I'll be back tomorrow to share some more projects made using The Paperie's July kit. 

Thanks for stopping by!













No comments:

Post a Comment