Tuesday 11 June 2013

Index Card a Day 2013...Part 2

As promised, I am back today to share more of my index cards for Index Card A Day (ICAD) 2013. I shared the first few cards yesterday and you can see them here if you missed them.

Day 5: This card is an experiment in color. If you follow my blog at all, you know I'm obsessed with the color blue but sometimes I experiment with other colors. For this card, I used different shades of pink Distress Paint - Picked Raspberries and Spun Sugar. There's also a little Picket Fence Distress Paint. I used 2 of my favorite stencils for this one: Balzer Designs 6x6 Blazonry stencil and Dylusions Dotted Flowers. And another Donna Downey quote stamp from the Empowered Words stamp set.

ICAD5

Day 6: Another color experiment. For this card, I started with a coat of gesso then I used  a really old background stamp from Stampin' Up! - Boho Blosssoms. I colored the stamp using Mustard Seed Distress Paint and then stamped.  I did the same thing using Mowed Lawn. I wanted to see if the images stamped with Distress Paint would resist a darker wash of color - Black Soot Distress Paint. I think the answer is "yes" but I need to experiment a little more. Then some Mustard Seed Distress Paint drips and a DD sentiment stamp to finish it off. It reminds me of wallpaper.

ICAD6

Day 7: I thought I would try some Golden Crackle Paste that I have in my stash but never use. I can't get it to crackle the way I want but I like how this card turned out. I made the big cracks on purpose by bending the card then I coated the whole think in multi-medium so it didn't fall off. Then a wash of Spiced Marmalade Distress Paint, some Antique Linen Distress Paint through the Balzer Designs 6x6 Blazonry stencil and a DD quote.

ICAD7


Day 8: A little modeling paste, a little 6x6 Blazonry stencil, a little DD quote is the perfect way to play with Faber Castell Gelatos.

ICAD9

Day 9: I started this card with a coat of gesso. Then I layered on some dry wall tape. Thanks, Meshell for the idea!  I colored over everything with the Portfolio water soluble oil pastels.  I had the hardest time getting my hands on these and I admit to hoarding them for awhile but they are delightful. After I colored, I blended with water and a brush and I spritzed on some water to get things really blending. A quick blast with the heat gun, then some modeling paste through Dina Wakley's Sally Carly stencil and a quote.

ICAD10

And that's that! I am all caught up which means I have even more cards to share. I promise to keep posting my cards as I make them. If you haven't tried ICAD, you should. It is a great way to use up supplies and try new techniques and products. If you're curious, you can find everything you need to know to get started right here. And if none of that appeals, go check out all the fabulous inspiration in the Flickr pool.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE your ICADS and what a great idea for storing them : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolyn! I bought the cards on the ring last year and I love it. So easy to keep them together.

      Delete