Monday 6 May 2013

Story Time: Bash Your Stash


The weekend of April 26th, I attended The Paperie's annual Spring Retreat. I love the Retreat for so many reasons but most especially because my scrapping is uninterrupted. I don't have to worry about schedules or chores and can just scrap to my heart's content. It's wonderful.

This year, my lovely friend Kelly and I set ourselves the challenge of using buttons or brads or flair badges on every page. I also wanted to use some pictures and alphas I'd been passing over.  Here's a page I made that definitely met that all those challenges.

Story Time

I used product from the April Studio Calico kit but there's a lot of embellishment on this page that came from my stash. The woodgrain alpha I used for my title is from an older Cosmo Cricket collection. And so is the Studio Calico ABC picture frame.

Story Time_closeup 1

The flair buttons from Evalicious are only a few months old but I have a lot of them - time to use some!

The brad below...

Story Time_closeup 2

and this chipboard button...

Story Time_closeup 3

...are older pieces (I think). They are definitely out of their original packaging and need to be used. The new stuff includes the background paper and these stickers.  The "documented" arrow is from My Mind's Eye and "Good Day" is from Basic Grey's Hello collection.

And finally, the pictures and the story.  These pics were taken at Gabriel's first story time. He's about 3.5 - 4 months old here. I have been passing these over for ages. Sometimes I want to make the "perfect page" about special memories but really every page that's finished is better than perfect - it's done. And that beats a pile of hoarded supplies any day - at least in my opinion.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment