Wednesday 27 March 2013

KP Mini Part 2: the Undones

Last week, I showed you a mini book that I made in a class taught by the lovely Kelly Purkey when she came to my LSS, The Paperie. I know from experience that projects like this usually end up on the Undone pile and stay there but not this time, my friends. I'm determined.

First, I decided on a theme for my book. I took my cue from the cover of the mini and decided to focus on the things I like best about living in my little house in the woods. We made the cover in class and at the time I had no idea what this book was going to be about so it took a while to figure out my theme. I like the idea of having a "best of" book.

KP Mini Book

So far, I have the pictures and embellishments for three spreads. I'm still thinking about how I want to tackle the journaling.

Here's the first spread. The left side is going to be the title page and the right side is my dog, Mac. 

KP Mini_Spread #1

Here's the second spread.

KP Mini_Spread #2

I doodled a picture frame around the photo on the left. On the right, I added some strips of paper under the photo of Sam and some SC wood veneer people.

And here's the third spread.

KP Mini_Spread #3

I stamped the tiny hearts from Amy Tangerine's Hello set from the Ready, Set, Go collection in Picked Raspberry Distress Ink. They are the cutest little hearts ever. I also added the SC wood veneer "boys".

I am really out of practice putting together a mini book so this is taking a long time. I admit it, I like to skip the planning phase and start sticking things down which might seem like a good idea for "getting something done" but it's not. It's actually really really slow because every time I turn the page I have no idea what I'm going to do. Maybe I should make a plan before going any further. Maybe not.

Now it's your turn. Go dig out an Undone project or page or mini book and finish it off or at least start finishing it off. It can be done, I promise!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie




No comments:

Post a Comment