Wednesday 23 January 2013

Yearlong Album: the Undones

Last year, I took the Yearlong Album class at The Paperie from my friend, Sara. Each month a large group of very funny and enthusiastic scrappers would get together and we made some pages. Kind of like Project Life but less detailed. I wanted mine to be a monthly overview of our lives but I did exactly nothing with it last year. I had so much fun in class and I loved seeing my scrappy friends each month but I am not a chronological scrapper or an event scrapper. Not at all.

So, it's time for Plan B because I want to do something with the album and with the ephemera I've kept. This year, I'm working on 2012 a month a time and I'll share everything with you as I go.

Here are January's pages.

2012 Yearlong_Jan whole spread


And here are some closeups...

Yearlong 2012_Jan page 1

Yearlong 2012_Jan page 2

I like how January turned out but it was a lot of work to get it done. First, I had to sort through and organize all the ephemera and then I had to find some pictures. I went to my computer and looked at all the pics I took last January and then went to my prints and started looking for pics to use. It would have been quicker to just print from my computer but I wanted to use what I have on hand. Then I had to put everything together. Now that I'm organized, I hope the process each month will go a lot faster!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie




No comments:

Post a Comment