Wednesday 30 January 2013

Try, Try Again!

I made this page a little while ago...

Hmmm

...and I just didn't like it.  Most of the supplies came from Studio Calico's January kit, Block Party and I added some 34th Street bits and pieces. Still, I just wasn't happy. So, I put it on the Undone pile and left it alone. A few days later I took one look and thought, "I need to rip this layout apart." And that's what I did. Literally.

First, I cut around the pictures and the embellishments and stuck it all on a different background paper. I moved the pictures to the far right and I added a great big title with mixed fonts. I also removed a few of the embellishments and now I have this...


Hmmmmm

...and I'm much happier. Initially, the scale of my embellishment clusters was much too small for the large photo block and the whole thing felt unbalanced. Now, with the enormous title and smaller embellishment clusters it's more balanced, interesting and less wonky.

So, what do you think? I'd love to hear which layout you liked best. Just leave me a comment and let me know if you preferred the before or after.


Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment