Thursday 18 October 2012

Put it all on the page


In September, I took Studio Calico's Pop off the Page class. It was all about how to get lovely layers on our pages. That's a look I love and want to learn more about.  Sadly, the class is closed but if you visit the Studio Calico member gallery and enter "Pop off the Page" in the keyword field you can find all kinds of fabulous inspiration.

Here's the first page I made following the class instructions.

Chasing all the Waves

I started with a sheet of 12x12 watercolor paper and covered it in gesso.  I colored the background blue using Faber Castell Gelatos. I watered down the color to get that lovely watercolor effect. Then I stamped my favorite flourish, Fabulous Flourish by Hero Arts, in white Staz On and sprayed some Perfect Pearls in Heirloom Gold.  And then I started layering the paper, washi tapes, tags, Thickers and SC wood veneer stars. It's a lot of layers.

I added gold Stickles to the SC wood veneer stars.  I love how they look.

Chasing All the Waves_close up 1

I'm a big fan of taking classes and there are classes for every style and interest. I'm lucky that my LSS, The Paperie, offers great classes each month but I've also taken online classes from Big Picture Classes, Balzer Designs, Creative Workshops, Alisha Burke, Christy Tomlinson and Dirty Footprints Studio. They have all been great: great value, great fun and so much wonderful information and inspiration.

So, get out there and take some classes because "you never know what you can do until you try out something new."

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

ps: bonus points if you correctly identify that quote!


No comments:

Post a Comment