Wednesday 10 October 2012

I made a layout without washi tape? How did that happen?

Hey friends,

It's almost time for The Paperie to release their October kit.  I'm planning to save mine until The Paperie's Fall Retreat in November. While I'm waiting, I thought I would share some layouts I made a little while ago using The Paperie's August kit.

Here's the first one...

He Can Beat Bowser

It features a pic from Gabriel's 5th birthday.  The title is a long one and doubles as the journaling. It reads, "he can't teach you how to tie a tie but remember he loves you and he can beat Bowser! Honest" We play a lot of Super Mario around here and the title is a way to work that into my page without actually using any Mario or Bowser or Nintendo products. (Here's a little about Bowser in case you're curious.)

Almost everything on this page is from the August kit. The only exception is the MME navy blue paper which was left over from a previous Paperie kit. And it's probably the first page I've made in forever that doesn't have any washi tape. How did that happen?

Here's the second page.

Mama's Boy

That was me and Ben many many months ago when he was a wee, squishy baby. I love that pic. He's grown up so much. He keeps me on my toes but he's all about his momma which (coincidentally) makes this momma pretty darn happy.

One of the things I like about using a kit is that it's an easy way to add bits and pieces from my stash. Pieces like the "love" embellie from A Life Handmade, the Ormolu badge and some MME paper. For this page, I added the Freckled Fawn heart washi tape because clearly that previous non-washi page was an anomaly.

So, what about you? Have you made any pages without washi tape lately? And what do you do when you're waiting for your next kit? Maybe we could form a support group.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment