Wednesday 26 September 2012

What do you put your washi on?

I'm guessing that if you have any washi at all you've put it on your scrapbook pages and cards.
That's the most common place for my washi tapes.  I love to use it to add layers of detail to my projects, like this page...

DSC_0926_edited

or this one from my Week in the Life album.

DSC_0822_edited_edited-1

But washi tape is a multi-tasker and can do much much more than add layers and color to your layouts and cards. I recently wrote a tutorial for my LSS where I transformed a plain old bamboo skewer into a colorful stick.  You can read the post here and here's a look at my project.

PIC 2

...and here's a closeup of the bamboo skewers - all gussied up!

PIC 13

Last week, when I picked up 3 new rolls of washi tape, I thought of some fun ways to use them to prettify some blah, bland things I use everyday. 

First, I added some oomph to a dollar store note book with some strips of washi tape and some letter stickers.

The book originally looked like this....

Notebook_pre washi

I love these little books and have a bunch of them but it's impossible to tell them apart.  Well, it used to be but not anymore...

Washi Notebook

And check out the back of my iPhone!

iPhone with washi

I didn't tape directly on my phone, I have a protective skin on the back so I left it on and added the tape to that. I could make as many of these as my little heart desired. Maybe even make them seasonal....how fun would that be?

So, there are two quick and fun ideas to help you get your washi tapes off the roll and into your life. After all, washi is way more fun when you're using it, don't you think?

Wondering what else you can do with your washi stash? Here are some more ideas...
  1. Check out this lovely mini book tutorial by my friend, Sara on her blog, Sarathings.
  2. Here's a how-to-make washi tape barrettes from The Zen of Making.
  3. And, finally, some adorable washi picture frames by The 36th Avenue.

Thanks for stopping by!

zove

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment