Thursday 20 September 2012

September Paperie Kit Club: Best Memory & Lovely Day

Hey, hey!

Today I'm sharing the last of the pages I made using The Paperie's September kit. This is one of those pages that makes me happy to be a scrapbooker. The picture of Gabriel and my brother, Paul, is wonderful. Look at them holding hands - love that!

I love to use a patterned paper background when the layout is simple. It just adds such wonderful texture and interest. And this text paper from Simple Stories is perfect. I could use it over and over and never get tired of it.

Best Memory

Here's a closeup of some of the embellishments.  I like to ink the edges of everything. Without the white edges everything blends together and looks finished.  This is a tip I picked up from the wonderful Shimelle Laine.  Have you seen her blog? You really should. She shares so much inspiration and information. Her website is a great resource for any scrapbooker.

Best Memory_close up 1

And here's my last layout to share with you this month.

Lovely Day

Here's another picture from our day at Gooseberry Beach, Placentia.  Ben loved the ocean as much as Gabriel and couldn't wait to get in the waves again and again.

You've probably noticed that I have a lot of pictures to scrap from that day.  Once I'm finished scrapping the pictures and stories from that day, I'm definitely going to make a mini with any left over pictures. I think it's safe to say that I have 2 little beach bums and a lot of beach pictures in my future.

Well, that's it for another month. I hope you're inspired to break into your kit and make some pages. I think you'll have a lot of fun.

And if you're in and around town Friday night, don't forget that The Paperie is having their monthly crop night. There's always room for one extra scrapper so give them a call and sign up.

Also, I'm teaching a class at The Paperie next week all about Pie Charts and Starburst and how to get those fun elements onto your pages. I shared a sneak peek yesterday of one of the two layouts we will make in class in this blog post.

Thanks for stopping by!

zove 

Cathie




No comments:

Post a Comment