Monday 20 August 2012

Yay, Paul!

Yesterday, my brother, Paul finished his first Iron Man in Mont Tremblant.

I'm so freaking proud of him. I just had to make this page right away.

Iron Man_1

The picture is from his visit home a few weeks ago.  He was training in his wetsuit (aka swimming) and we were joking about how he finally had the superhero costume he always wanted when he was growing up.

I used some supplies from The Paperie's August kit and some October Afternoon papers that were languishing in my stash. I particularly love the star paper called "All Systems Go" which is from their Rocket Age collection - my favorite OA collection ev-uh!

I also love the Ormolu flair badge I put on the OA Rocket Age comet sticker.  Why have a badge when you can have a comet badge?

Paul sent an email after the race letting us know how he did and how he was feeling.  I printed that out and made a pocket for it using more OA paper.  This time it was Red Rover from the Sidewalks Collection. You can see it up close here.

Iron Man_closeup_1

And of course, stars should shimmer. So I spritzed the SC wood veneer stars with SC Shine. 

Iron Man_closeup_2

 I guess every little boy dreams about being a superhero and I think it's wonderful that in his own way, Paul has managed to do just that.

Thanks for stopping by!

zove

Cathie

2 comments:

  1. What a rock star. Speaking of stars, LOVE the wee ones you used. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Stephanie. Your comment really means a lot.

      Delete