Friday 29 June 2012

the Undones: Thanks, Project Life!

Hey, hey!

Well, it is a beautiful day here today. So, I have those pictures ready to share as I promised yesterday.

This week, I decided to take a break from Ben's baby book and try something new. "A change is as good as a rest" and all that.  These pictures are part of our Summer 2010 trip. We spent some time visiting Sam's sister and her family in Mississauga. I decided to use We R Memory Keepers divided page protectors left over from my Project Life attempt. (You can read about why I broke up with Project Life in this post.)

Anyway, turns out the page protectors were a great idea. Kind of like a mini book but it fits right into my 12x12 album. Love!

Here's a look at the whole thing.

Summer_2010_Centreville_7

And here are the individual pages and pieces.

The cover page:

Summer_2010_Centreville_6

 The back of the cover page:

Summer_2010_Centreville_5

Some pictures from Marineland in a 6x12 page protector...

Summer_2010_Centreville_4


and here's the backside with photos of Gabriel and Sam riding the rides at Marineland.

Summer_2010_Centreville_3


We went to Centreville in Toronto for Gabriel's 3rd birthday.  I've already made a page about his birthday and had pics leftover I didn't want left out.

Summer 2010_Centreville_2

And here's the back of that page.

Summer_2010_Centreville_1

You can see that I used some Jillibean Soup labels, some Prima mini letter stickers and some washi tape to get my creative fix but otherwise these pages are very simple.

I still have some pages I want to make about our trip but if I never get to them at least I've got the best parts of our trip scrapped.  That makes me pretty happy. And I don't think I would have thought to use divided protectors like this without all the amazing work I've seen from Project Lifers.  So, even though I'm not doing Project Life, all that inspiration still helped me get this mini-project done. Thanks, PL

So, how about you? Have you been getting any of your Undones done? Why not leave a comment telling me why or why not? I'd love to hear what you're up to.

Thanks for stopping by.

zove

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment