Thursday 31 May 2012

the Undones: Ben's Baby Book

note: on Thursdays I blog about projects that aren't quite done.  Maybe they needed some journaling, or photos or both.  I call them "the Undones" and I have a box full of good intentions. In this series, I pick a project, finish it and share the results. I'd love it if you would play along and share a link to your newly finished project in the comments.
 
A project that has been weighing on my mind lately has been Ben's baby book.  It seems wrong that I have his first birthday scrapped but not his very first days.

So, what's the problem? Well, there are actually 2 problems.

1. It's too special. You know, that fear of messing it all up because it's important. It's silly, I know, but I think it's a very common obstacle for scrapbookers.

2. It's a big-ish project that is going to take me many hours to finish. These kind of projects are easy to put off as I don't have a large block time for scrapping.  

The solution for both of these problems is to just get started. So that's what I did at The Paperie's most recent crop night.  I had all my supplies and pictures in a plastic box so I brought them and got started.

Here's what I have so far...

DSC_0030_edited

DSC_0031_edited

DSC_0032_edited

DSC_0033_edited

DSC_0034_edited_edited-1

DSC_0035_edited

DSC_0036_edited

DSC_0037_edited

DSC_0038_edited

DSC_0039_edited

DSC_0040_edited

DSC_0041_edited

I'm really surprised how much work I did in a few hours. I think it's a good start but obviously there is a lot more I want to do.  There's not a lot of embellishing and there's very little journaling.

I'm using the We R Memory Keepers 5.5 x 7.5 album, the Twig collection from My Little Yellow Bicycle and the 8x8 Lickety Slippers variety pack.  I used them for my Week In the Life album and I loved how that turned out so I figure these products will work again.

I'll keep working on it and post my progress on Thursdays until I get it finished.

Thanks for stopping by!

zove

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment