Thursday 29 March 2012

Playing along...

I spend a little too much time blog browsing. It's one of my favourite things to do when I have a few minutes (or hours).  And sometimes when I'm checking in with my favourite blogs I find the kind of inspiration that gets me up from my computer and heading towards my craftspace. (I love it when that happens!)

This week, I'm playing along with Shimelle Laine and Tim Holtz. If you don't know Shimelle, you should check out her blog. She is just lovely and scraps a lot and that means lots of inspiration. She has a weekly series on her blog called Scrapbook Starting Points and this week I wanted to try it. It's all about layers and I love this trend.

I'm also taking Creative Chemistry 101 from Tim Holtz through OnlineCardClasses.com.  It is amazing, amazing, amazing. There are 10 lessons and each lesson has 3 techniques.  I would like to have my sample tags for each technique done before class ends but I'm way behind. So I thought, why not combine the challenges?

Here's what I came up with...

DSC_0892

I know there's a lot going on with this layout.  I do love the layers and I've been hoarding some of those papers for a while but I may have taken Shimelle's starting point a bit too far.  What do you think?

I love the tag I made using Tim's Spritz and Flick technique.  My journaling is written on the tag but it's hidden. You can see it peeking out of the layers in the pic above.  Here's a close up.


DSC_0895

Please note the inky fingers and snow in the background. I find I get my best light on cloudy days on my front patio. I just loved that snowy backdrop and decided not to crop it out.

In the end, I'm happy that I played along with both Tim and Shimelle. Their styles are completely different and it was definitely a challenge to merge them into something cohesive. I'm not sure I accomplished that but I've decided to live with the layout for a while and see how I feel about it.  It's never too late to rip things apart and fix it if I don't like it.

Happy Thursday!

zove
C



No comments:

Post a Comment