Tuesday 27 March 2012

It's a boy's life...

Around here it's boys, boys, boys. If Barbie ever shows up for a playdate she's going to be very bored unless she's into dinkies, video games or Thomas the Tank Engine.

I digress.

I fell in love with A Boy's Life from the moment I opened my collection pack.  It's wonderful.  It has 12 fabulous double-sided papers, a sheet of element stickers and a sheet of alpha stickers. There are solid papers in this line but they don't come with the collection pack. You can see the whole collection here

Yes, there are lots of typical boy icons like race cars, helicopters and video games but if the girls in your life aren't into these things and you dont' have any boy pages in your "to scrap" pile there is still plenty to love about this collection. I promise.  The "B" sides of those papers have perfectly wonderful, gender neutral patterns that you can use on anything like dots, stripes and ledger lines.

To date, I have made 6 pages uses pieces from this collection.  Here are some of my favourites...


DSC_0912

 I watercoloured the blue sky and used the Balzer Designs clouds stencil from TCW.  I hand cut the sun using some Amy Tangerine paper and old Dear Lizzy papers.

DSC_0913


For the embellies, I used some Tim Holtz tissue tape, some Claudeine Hellmuth Sticky-Back Canvas the letter stickers from this collection, an October Afternoon sticker and more of the old Dear Lizzy paper. I love that paper like crazy and I'm going to use it until the last circle, I tells ya!


And here's another layout... (Yes, that's Ben crawling in to check out this layout up close.)


DSC_0914

Here's a close up of the layers...

DSC_0916


If you're interested in picking up some of these fabulous papers, you're in luck because The Paperie still has some in stock.  And if you're not sure what to do with these papers, my friend, Sara and I are teaching a class at The Paperie, April 15 and we'll be using the chevron paper from this collection in our class.  More details on the class later but I guarantee it is not one to be missed.

A Boy's Life has been so much fun to use and it confirms my belief that if you buy what you love you will use it. 

zove

C


No comments:

Post a Comment